• BOTOX® is a natural, purified protein that relaxes lines - causing muscles creating a smoother, rejuvenated and more youthful appearance
• A simple and quick, minimally invasive non-surgical treatment that delivers great, natural-looking results • BOTOX® is the only product of its kind with a recently published safety record from 1966-2009
Is BOTOX® safe?
• BOTOX® has a proven and established safety profile. • In a meta-analysis clinical paper where patients were reviewed from 1966-2003, BOTOX® was found to have a favourable safety and tolerability across a broad spectrum of therapeutic uses . • BOTOX® is approved for use in over 70 countries. • Over 11 million BOTOX® cosmetic procedures performed since 2002.
When will I see results and for how long?
• BOTOX® will begin to take effect at 2-3 days. Visible results at 7 days and at its optimum at approx 15 days
What can I expect from a BOTOX®
• A natural effect. The frozen look this is a myth • Lasts 4-6 months, possibly longer depending on individual • Repeat every 4-6 months for optimum results • May last longer with repeated treatments • Result will wear off progressively - not sudden • Your wrinkles will NOT come back worse, this is a myth
What areas can be treated?
Wrinkles can be identified in two ways: expressive or static. Expressive lines are, as the term suggests, those which are evident when expressing emotion. Static lines are those which remain evident even when the face is relaxed.
The main areas that are affected by expressive and static lines and may benefit from an anti wrinkle injection are as follows:
Forehead - horizontal line
Likewise, the forehead is an area that we tend to get both expressive and static lines. The use of botulinum toxin relaxes the area to stop over-expression.
Crows' Feet - Corner of the eye
This is a concern many of our patients have. Many believe the eye (and lip) area to be the most obvious sites for ageing. Not all products can be used in this area, and it is always important to check that the injector administering treatment is highly-skilled when injecting around the eyes.
Bunny Lines - Top of the nose
Bunny lines are mostly evident when smiling. They form on the bridge of the nose, near the tear duct of the eye. If in doubt, picture a bunny scrunching up its nose. While it might not be an obvious area to treat, it can be a bugbear for those who do not like the way their smile appears in photos and so on.
Brow - Lifting of the brow area
Surgery is usually the last resort for patients. They wish to get great results all the same, but would rather not go under the knife, and that is completely understandable. So how do you get a brow lift without the scalpel? Botulinum toxin can be used as a non-surgical alternative by introducing the solution to key points, relaxing the muscles we use to frown, lifting the weight that we naturally want to push down.
Jawline - Non-surgical reshaping
If your masseter muscle is particularly robust, it can make your jawline rather square. If you desire a slimmer, heart-shaped jaw, botulinum toxin can be used to streamline the area. This is particularly favourable among women.
What less invasive treatments would you recommend which would refresh my skin?
Your skin condition is likely to be a result of extrinsic ageing, in other words ageing due to external environmental factors such as sun damage and lifestyle. Fortunately extrinsic ageing is largely avoidable and any consequential damage is usually substantially reversible.
Any remedial program should involve prevention as well as treatments. Prevention should include a good diet that supplies the body with all the essential antioxidants and nutrients as well as maintain an even blood sugar level. Prevention should also include adequate sleep and exercise and a healthy lifestyle that avoids binge eating and drinking as well as smoking.
The best treatments for tired looking skin and large pores are regenerative peels and microdermabrasion. They will bring about the renewal of the epidermis which is the outer layer of your skin. You will need a course of treatments as they bring about a gradual change, but they have the advantage of being quick to perform and require almost no recovery time.
The treatments should be in conjunction with good skincare and I would recommend a synthetic wash in conjunction with hyaluronic acid serum and a moisturiser rich in anti-oxidants. During the day a good full spectrum sunscreen should be applied.